Tuesday, March 14, 2023

shooting: home scene- night

 As said previously, we had to add an extra scene, so today, Ashley filmed the last part. Originally, Ashley's friend was going to go over to her house and film, but she had to cancel, so instead, Ashley's dad, Jim, filled the role of cinematographer. Since I was not there, I cannot really speak about it but here is a direct quote from Ashley's blog.

"Welcome back! Why we had to film a 3rd scene and how it played out: I was a bit surprised when Vivien informed me that we only had about a minute of footage. Despite our best efforts to capture everything we needed, we simply hadn't filmed enough to tell a cohesive story. That's when Nicole, with her quick thinking, came up with an idea to shoot an extra scene.

The idea was simple enough. I would wake up in my living room, only to find that Nicole was no longer there. Instead, she had left a sticky note on my forehead, letting me know where she had gone. Of course, this meant that we needed to film a few more shots to make the scene work. And, being the expert videographer that he is (joking, of course), my dad was behind the camera.

Honestly, the process was a bit frustrating at first. I had a clear vision of how I wanted the scene to look and play out, but things weren't quite turning out the way I had imagined. It was definitely a team effort to come up with ideas and figure out how to make everything work. Thankful for my dad and his helping hand.

We ended up reshooting the first scene a few times because we realized we needed the TV in the frame, which we hadn't included in the first take. But, with some perseverance and a bit of creativity, we were able to capture everything we needed in just 30 minutes.

Looking back, it was definitely worth the extra effort. The final product turned out even better than I had hoped, and I'm grateful to have been a part of the process. It's amazing how much work goes into creating just a few seconds of video footage, but it's all worth it in the end."




No comments:

Post a Comment

creative critical reflection

  https://prezi.com/view/FQZM0h1JKE6CfmPHDoww/